6.12.2011

thin starts in your cart

I read something, somewhere at sometime about how thin starts in your cart. I totally agree. All healthy, unhealthy, careful or careless decisions about eating start before the 4:30 dinner panic attack or the 10:00 bedtime snack munchies. I would even argue that thin starts before your cart. It starts in your mind, the way you value food, grocery shopping and meal planning. It is all about your thoughts, your plan and your actions. If you think you want to eat healthy then you need to make a plan or a grocery list that supports these thoughts. Once in the store you have to stick to your plan. Then when you get home, your choices for eating have already been made.

Now this commentary is not really about thin but rather that we don't simply make one choice about our eating habits. Wise, poor or in between choices about food are made everyday. So through this ambiguous 'thin starts in your cart' has encouraged me to keep to my healthy eating! I love junk food but if I have it in the house, I will eat it. If I keep it off my list and out of my cart, I may miss it at home during a late night craving but I will find an alternative. I will live and I will still be happy. (maybe even more happy because the feeling of self-control can be very empowering).

I guess my summary is to take responsibility for the choices you make about food. Because even caring in your thoughts but 'not caring' in your actions is still a very powerful choice.

No comments: