10.16.2011

week 41

Sunday, October 9, 2011: After our trip to the cabin and seeing how much Isaac loved the little doll stroller I just couldn't keep myself from searching for one for Isaac. I found this simple one on Amazon with a sale price and free shipping. He loves it! He pushes his stuffed animals around, his snack cup or even an empty stroller. He even pushes it on sofas, down slides and hurdles it down the hallway.

Monday, October 10, 2011: After my latest Pinterest obsession and my never ending desire to reuse EVERYTHING, I was inspired to make a pom-pom fine motor activity. I cut a hole in the top of a frosting container and tah-dah...a toddler activity! Isaac liked it for a little bit, but hasn't come back to it yet. Oh well I haven't given up hope, I still think it is a winner of an idea.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011: I am always amazed to see how much Isaac knows and pays attention. While baking cookies, which is not a common occurrence in our house, completely imitated a well seasoned baker. He (while half nakie) when to the closed drawer, opened it and removed the oven mitts. He then proceeded to put a mitt on his hand. Every good baker knows to give a little glance in the oven before reaching up to open the oven door. Luckily he is not strong enough yet to open the door, but he tried.This picture is after we had another chat about the "hot oven" and I told him he could just watch...

Wednesday, October 12, 2011: This is a sad dinner. Not because we had breakfast for dinner, because I actually really love that. But because once again there is a full plate of food getting cold. During water polo season Daddy doesn't get home until after 7, usually by 7:30 and some days we can't wait any longer to eat. So today was one of those days, as Daddy waited for his players to all get rides home, his family was at home missing him and wishing he was there to eat dinner.

Thursday, October 13, 2011: Obsessed!!!! I am not even kidding a little. This kid is in LOVE with Daddy's truck. He loves to play in it and he loves to ride in it. His voice gets so excited when we mention Daddy's truck and his voice is sad when we have to go in Mommy's car. He always says, "Bye-bye truck, bye-bye Daddy's truck..." and hangs his head when we get out of the truck or even when we pass the empty garage.

Friday, October 14, 2011: Isaac loves dogs, still. So when he sees the neighbors dogs he runs to the fence to call them. He used to just say dog to call them over but in this picture in his most dramatic voice is yelling, "ABBBY, ABBBY DOG. ABBY, ABBY DOG!" Luckily our neighbor brought Abby over to the fence and Isaac was much happier. Side-note: due to the unruly nature of our yard in the very back, I told Isaac he couldn't play back there in the "Jungle" He now points and says, "No, jungle, owie jungle."

Saturday, October 15, 2011: Jeremy was at an overnight scout camp out and boy did we miss him! We always miss him when he is gone but especially when he is gone overnight. Isaac ran and jumped into Daddy's arms, and walked away smelling like campfire.

No comments: