10.11.2011

a little bit trash-crafty


I always want to save containers, rubber bands, boxes, lids, etc. because I am sure that they will be useful for something! Well, normally they end of getting thrown out because Jeremy gets to them before I do or because I get to overwhelmed with all the supplies without having an actual project in mind. 

Well a month or more ago I decided to make the drum set for Isaac. Seriously I wasn't in the mood for anything cutsie, I just taped containers together. I did however, hot glue foam golfballs to the ends of pencils in order to make the mallets/drum sticks. 

The second picture is from this week. I saw on pinterest these straw-sorting toys out of oatmeal containers. Once again I did not go all out. I just took some sharpies to 'decorate' the lid and punch holes through.

I seriously hate wasting money on toys, and I seriously love, recycling and reusing. These are totally my kind of crafts.

No comments: