3.27.2011

fresh pasta

So I love, love homemade pasta. And I got a stand mixer with pasta attachments for my birthday last year. I wanted to share that it is very easy but takes a little time. However if you are out of pasta and not yet dressed, you may just prefer to make your own rather than go to the store.

Recipe:
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. flour
2 TBSP of H2O

Simple instructions: Combine and knead dough. Cover and let rest for about 30 minutes. Roll to desired thickness. Cut into your favorite shape. Add to boiling water for about 2 minutes. Eat with your favorite sauce.

A couple hints, you may need a little more water to make your dough combine. Always flour well. Flour as you roll, cut and lay out because otherwise it clumps and sticks. After cutting I cook pretty much right away, but I have heard you can refrigerate or freeze.

No comments: