12.11.2008

Is it really almost Christmas?

How do you know Christmas is coming? For me it has always been, cold weather and snow! That is how I knew...well I can't rely on that now that it is 60 degrees and sunny! No snow pants or boots here and I hardly even need hot chocolate. So I guess I will just have to use the calendar and believe that Christmas will come without snow...

CHRISTMAS CARDS are also a good sign for the coming holiday, as of now I have about 5...so keep them coming!

Well I also made my kids do some projects in order to convince myself the holiday season was upon us.


Gingerbread Glyphs

Handprint/Footprint Reindeer

Holiday (Christmas) Countdown

Paper-Tear Trees

And POETRY!! Of course I had to explain what slush and sleet were...only a few of the students have ever been in snow before. And they couldn't believe that you could walk in snow that was as wet and sticky as a "slushie" drink. Oh yes winter poetry takes much more imagination in CA.