10.16.2008

prop. 8 in plain english

Video

1 comment:

Tammy said...

THIS is a GREAT video!

I have to say that I am all about equal rights and I do have opinions on gay rights, however, I do not believe that this lifestyle should be forced on people especially little children. And I cannot believe that parents would not have the right to take their children out of a class if they wanted to. I have to say that after reading the church's official statement on the whole matter, it really opened up my eyes to alot of things that I didn't even think about and has changed my opinions on some things.

Where I do believe that same sex couples should be able to get married if they want to and have the same rights and privileges as traditional married couples, I do not believe that the definition of marriage should be redefined and I do not believe school curriculum should be changed to teach that. I especially do not like that parents have no rights in what their children are taught. This is insane.I believe Church and state should continue to be separate, but leave values and controversial things to be taught by the parents, not the school.

I remember it being a big deal when I was in sixth grade that the state required our science teachers to teach about evolution and the big bang theory. It was such a controversial topic (in the world) but being from the Bible belt, they were still able to talk about creationism and we were allowed to express our opinions. I just remember the teacher saying something like, "We all know the earth was created by God, but I have to teach you what scientists say could've happened." Man, they would've probably gotten in a lot of trouble these days for saying something like that.

This whole thing is just getting way out of hand.

Thanks for the video though. I think i will put it on my blog.