So this Proposition 8 thing is a BIG deal in CA.
My personal belief is that marriage is only between a man in the woman as defined in the BIBLE! State shouldn't mess with something that originates from Church. With that said, everyone still has their opinion and I understand that.
keep reading it gets better...
What I HATE is that along with Proposition 8 I would be FORCED to teach homosexual marriage in school. Not only that but Massachusetts ruled that PARENTS don't have the RIGHT to argue teaching homosexual marriage in school even if it conflicted with their personal or religious beliefs. I don't care if you believe in it/ agree with it/ support it or whatever...you should still have the right to choose whether or not you teach it to your child and should not be required to by public education.
This is not just talking about it in 9th grade health class either. Students in 9th grade have the ability to reason, talk about it, compare to their personal upringing, etc. Students in KINDERGARTEN, 1st and 2nd grade, etc....are too impressionable to be indoctrinating them with something that is so personal to a family. A FAMILY HAS THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE, and I say DON'T FORCE ME otherwise.
Think about the flip side...they never taught traditional marriage in school...and they shouldn't either, because that is a family and religious value not something that needs to be taught in school.
Also that doesn't mean you never have to talk about "2 mommies" This is real CA life and some kids have two mommies or two daddies, but when a kid has a question about it or brings it up, it is not the teacher's responsibility to educate on this matter it is a simple statement like this, "That is a great question to ask your parents when you get home." or "You know all families are different but we are all first graders and we have some reading to get to." or something along those lines that allows the PARENT TO BE IN CONTROL.
Whenever you have an opinion you manage to offend someone...so I tried to be passionate and honest but still play fair. If you take this personally, then you understand because I take Prop 8 personally too! :)
Leave me a comment if you agree with me...or even if you don't but just be somewhat nice! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment