Well I never really knew what it was until now...
So because of a lingering cold I ended up getting Laryngitis and IT SUCKS! Acute laryngitis can last 2-3 weeks. My illness started Saturday night, March 7th...by Monday night I lost my voice. Tuesday and Wednesday I taught my class using only sign language and a whisper voice. By Wednesday night I had had enough. Thursday I went to the doctor and he gave me the diagnosis...his recommendation DON'T TALK and DON'T WHISPER and DON'T WORK...all until the next Monday.
Well I am a talker, so not talking was way more difficult than popping a couple of pills. But unfortunately the only cure for laryngitis is resting, not talking and drinking tea with honey...so I had to follow doctor's orders.
Monday I came back to work. My voice is not great. I can't sing, I can hardly read a story with good character voices. But I can speak enough to get the directions out. So I continue to heal and try my best to get through it all.
On a side note, Jeremy has a tan line. How? Because he is the best and joined a swim club in January and swims four days a week during his lunch hour. He is the best! And very good looking :)
No comments:
Post a Comment