10.27.2013

First 100 books complete!

So here is a glimpse of our system. We read a book, we scan the barcode on our GoodReads App and we add a sticker to our chart. 

Really the sticker chart would be enough. But because I am a little crazy, I like seeing all the titles we are reading! 

When we are sitting down for a "long read" usually before bed, Isaac takes the books out of our library bags or off our shelf one by one and we read them. When we are done we take our stack and scan them, count them, add our stickers to our chart and put the library books into the 'already read' box or our personal books back on the shelf.
It is amazing how quickly we go through books. Last week we made two trips to the library. The first trip the two bags held 32 books and the second trip held 55. I may have to bring a suitcase and check out 100 books at once so we don't need to make multiple trips. Also the board books are really helpful at making us feel productive, especially after a few longer picture books. I have made the mistake of letting Isaac picking out a few books that were "collections" or "treasury" type books, not my fav. 

Having fun and getting it done!!! #1000booksby2014

No comments: