8.30.2009

August Catch-up

Well my birthday is always the highlight of August so I really do not NEED another post but I figured I would get caught up a little more with life before September hits.

This month I started working right away with two weeks of teacher training. Then the kids came August 17th so I will be starting my third week of school tomorrow! I am teaching first grade only and love those little kiddos. I didn't get into my room until TWO days before open house and four days before the start of school, which means I got the basics done but am still whittling at the details, which is a little stressful not having EVERYTHING done.

Jeremy purchased another house through work and has been fixing it up like cRaZy which means we have both been working extreme hours. This past week he also signed up to coach JV water polo at the local high school, which, I mean, whats one more thing to the list right? :)

And if you missed it, Cora moved in with us in June, got a job at FOREVER 21 at the mall, and has been working part-time and 'hangin' loose' part-time! She has made some friends through church and seems to be settling into the CA lifestyle and weather.

Right now my plans for fall break are up in the air (which makes me a little sad) so if you have any GREAT fall break ideas for October 12-16 (full school week) let me know!!!!!

I am excited for labor day and would like to take a weekend away, but Jeremy has plans to watch the first BYU football game of the season next Saturday...so my weekend away might not be.. :( but I still have Monday off and might do something fun then.

Our county and our school has been hit with H1N1...so that is harsh, I know it has been bad in other counties AND other states too. I really try to keep the kids clean with handwashing and sanitizer but schools are always high risk for any germ spreading, so keep all the kids you know clean, and monitored for signs of illness. And to EVERYBODY don't got to school or church if you are sick, I know you feel like sometimes you just have to tough it out but YOU DON'T especially if you have a FEVER, stay at home!!

No comments: